Welcome to the College of Education and Human Ecology, Office of Faculty Affairs website. The office supports faculty, departments and administration in several ways.
The Office of Faculty Affairs (OFA) was established to support faculty and administrators in the college regarding all matters pertinent to faculty affairs including searches and appointments, promotion and tenure, faculty leaves, faculty development, faculty rights, obligations and grievances, among other matters.
The OFA works closely with the dean, associate deans, department chairs, chairs of search committees, promotion and tenure committees, department directors of human resources, the EHE College Council, and faculty.
Additionally, OFA support includes:
- Help with navigating and understanding department, college and university policies and procedures that guide our core functions. This website provides links to other college and university webpages with important information.
- Oversee the promotion and tenure process in the college, and provide assistance to the departments and faculty. We provide several yearly workshops related to promotion and tenure.
- Assist departments with all aspects of faculty searches.
- Collaborate with other EHE offices to provide faculty development opportunities for all faculty.
- Welcoming and helping new faculty establish themselves in the college.
- Liaison between EHE and OAA for all faculty matters.
- Improving the college climate.
- Help resolve any faculty issues that arise.
Our goal is to provide support that helps the EHE faculty achieve excellence in their teaching, research and service work. The Office of Faculty Affairs is available to speak with you in person or via phone, or answer any questions you have via email. We look forward to assisting you and encourage you to contact us.